Services - Blue Ridge Outfitters
General | Fishing Trips | Instruction | Transportation | Rates | Lodging
- SEASON: April 20th through September 30th.
- AVERAGE SEASONAL FISHING CONDITIONS:
- High water fishing conditions until May 1.
- Dry fly fishing productive May through October.
- MAJOR HATCHES:
- April: Blue Quills, Hendricksons
- May: Hendricksons, Tan and Green Caddis
- June: Sulphurs, Caddis, Spinners
- July: Sulphurs, Cream Variant, Gray Fox
- August: Hexagenia, Potamanthus, Ginger Caddis, Tricos, Ants
- September: Caddis, Tricos, Isonychia
- October: Isonychia, Caddis
- DAILY FISHING HOURS: Guide's recommendation should dictate days fishing schedule depending on date in season. Client has final say.
- MEAL POLICY: Stream-side lunches are usually kept simple to maximize fishing time. However client has final decision on lunch period, and menu.
- GENERAL: Fly fishing for trout.
- TYPE OF TRIPS OFFERED: Wade
- FISHING LOCATIONS: White River, New Haven River, Otter Creek, Battenkill River, Mountain Streams and Ponds.
- EQUIPMENT PROVIDED: We provide all top quality Orvis equipment. No charge for terminal tackle.
- GAME FISH AVAILABLE: Rainbow, Brown, and Brook Trout.
- Instruction on our private stocked pond or stream-side.
- We take pride in beginners catching fish after only several hours of instruction.
- Airport: Albany, NY (90 minutes); Burlington, VT (90 minutes); Rutland, VT (Local); Manchester NH (2 Hrs).
- Local: Lodging pickup available for Killington, Manchester, Rutland, Woodstock, and Middlebury regions in Vermont.
- Where client is met:
- Lodging pickups (see "Local" above).
- Orvis Store in Manchester.
- Prearranged meeting spots.
- 2 Persons Full Day Including Lunch ...................... $325.00
- 1/2 Day 4 hours ......................................................... $225.00
- Included in Price: Lunch with all full day guided or instructional outings. All Orvis equipment provided.
- Deposit Policy:
- $100.00 deposit required on Full day outings.
- $50.00 deposit for 1/2 day .
- Deposits are non-refundable but may be applied to an outing at a later date.
- Fully insured and bonded guide.
Located minutes from many of the state's finer Inns, B&Bs and Hotels. Call for recommendations. Here is a partial list.
top of page
BLUE RIDGE OUTFITTERS
Greg and Kim Newton
5 Sugar House Lane
South Chittenden, VT 05701 map
2010 © Blue Ridge Outfitters, all rights reserved.
Design by Cliff